Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Farm Fresh Ingredients

This weekend, my wife and I embarked on a mission to find superior produce. I had an idea for dinner and it called for onion, zucchini, portabella mushrooms, artichoke, tomato, potato and fresh chèvre. I immediately scoured the internet for farmers markets where the producers set up tents and peddle their produce. I had heard of a website, a conglomerate of local farmers, mushroom growers, wine makers, and cheese makers, but had forgotten how to find it. Finally, I had it!

The website is called Pennsylvania Buy Fresh, Buy Local, http://www.buylocalpa.org/. Once on the main page, you can search by region, and then by county and local area. On the other hand, you might find it handy to just punch in your zip code in the upper right. Once you have your area entered, you can browse the local growers, restaurants who use these products, and markets where you too can get these local, and mostly organic, gems.

SO, go visit the website, find your area, and support your local producers.

No comments:

Post a Comment